Individuals qualifying for the Lifeline assistance program may choose cellular phone service from TelAlaska for no monthly fee.
TelAlaska Cellular’s Lifeline service plan provides:
- Unlimited local calls and calls placed to and from communities within the TelAlaska Cellular Network
- One FREE, high quality cell phone (VeryKool i133 or comparable)
- 400 Long Distance Minutes per month, in-state and out-of-state calling
- Voicemail and Calling Features
- FREE nationwide unlimited text messaging plan (a $5.99 value)
Plan does not include “roaming” (calls placed when you travel outside the TelAlaska Cellular Network). Roaming is 25¢ per minute. Long distance calls that exceed 400 minutes per month are 25¢ per minute. Monthly long distance allotments are calculated from the 24th of the month through the 23rd of the following month.