RURAL ALASKA TELEPHONE DIRECTORY
2022 PHONE BOOK COVER PHOTO CONTEST
Thank you for your interest in our annual phone book cover photo contest. The winning photo selected in this competition will appear on the cover of the 2022 Rural Alaska Telephone Directory (#2045).
Please read the following contest specifications carefully. These guidelines have been established to insure fair competition for both our local amateur and professional photographers.
The winning photo will be selected by a panel of judges and a check in the amount of $500.00 will be sent to the winner once they have been notified and the required photo releases are signed.
Deadline: Thursday, January 27, 2022
- All entries must have been taken in the local service areas covered by the Directory. See a complete list of communities below.
- The photographer is required to give written permission allowing TelAlaska publication rights for the photograph for use on the cover of the Directory for one year – June 2022 through June 2023. If people appear in the photograph, they must also sign a release form allowing TelAlaska to use their image on the directory cover. Please note that the photo would also appear within the directory and on TelAlaska’s website and Facebook page.
- Photos may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Digital photos must be 300 dpi when sized down to 5.75 x 8.75”. If you’re emailing a low-resolution photo, please indicate in the text of the email if a high-resolution version of that photo is available.
- NO MORE THAN FIVE PHOTOS PER ENTRANT WILL BE JUDGED.
The TelAlaska Entry Application must be completed and submitted no later than Thursday, January 27, 2022. Please submit only one application; it is not necessary to complete one for every photo submission. Photo entries and the application can be sent via email to: email@example.com. Please note that photos submitted without the photographer’s contact information and a description will not be considered.
or via regular mail to:
TelAlaska, Attn: Photo Contest
201 E. 56th Ave.
Anchorage, AK 99518
Photos will not be returned unless requested.
Please call 907-563-2003 if you have any questions.
All entrants agree that the photographs submitted are wholly owned by themselves. Furthermore, entrants agree that if their photo is selected, they will not sell the photo or reproductions of the photo during the period that it is displayed on the Rural Alaska directory cover.
TelAlaska employees are not eligible to enter the photo contest.
Photos submitted must have been taken in the Directory’s service areas listed below:
Interior Telephone Company, Inc.
Cold Bay, Cooper Landing, Fort Yukon, Galena, Iliamna, King Cove, Port Lions, Sand Point, Unalaska/Dutch Harbor, Seward or Moose Pass
Mukluk Telephone Company, Inc.
Brevig Mission, Council, Elim, Golovin, Koyuk, Little Diomede, St. Michael, Shaktoolik, Shishmaref, Stebbins, Teller, Wales, White Mountain or Nome
- The directory is a 5.75 x 8.75” book with a vertical layout. Vertical photos work best on the cover; a horizontal photo may lose some important features when cropped to fit. A panoramic photo will not work with the directory layout.
- Please do not add any filters to your photo.
- Be mindful of the cover photo from the previous year. For example, if last year’s cover featured a photo of an eagle, it is unlikely a similar photo will be selected the next year.
- The directory is a high quality printed publication, so a low-resolution photo stretched over the book will lessen the quality of the photograph. If you’re taking photos with the intention of entering it in the cover contest, make sure you’ve set your camera to take high-resolution shots.