RURAL ALASKA TELEPHONE DIRECTORY
2019 PHONE BOOK COVER PHOTO CONTEST
TelAlaska is now accepting entries for our annual phone book cover photo contest. The winning photo selected in this competition will appear on the cover of the 2019 Rural Alaska Telephone Directory (#2045).
Please read the following contest specifications carefully. These guidelines have been established to insure fair competition for both our local amateur and professional photographers.
The winning photo will be selected by a panel of judges and a check in the amount of $250.00 will be sent to the winner once they have been notified and the appropriate photo releases are signed.
Deadline: Thursday, January 24, 2019
- All entries must have been taken in the local service areas covered by the Directory. See a complete list of communities below.
- The photographer is required to give written permission allowing TelAlaska publication rights for the photograph for use on the cover of the Directory for one year – June 2019 through June 2020. If people appear in the photograph, they must also sign a release form allowing TelAlaska to use their image on the directory cover. Please note that the photo would also appear within the directory and on TelAlaska’s website and Facebook page.
- Photos may be emailed to email@example.com. Digital photos must be 300 dpi when sized down to 5” x 7”. If you’re emailing a low-resolution photo, please indicate in the text of the email if a high-resolution version of that photo is available.
- Limit is 5 photos. No more than five photos per entrant will be judged.
The TelAlaska Entry Application must be completed and submitted no later than Thursday, January 24, 2019. Please submit photos and application via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or via regular mail to:
TelAlaska, Attn: Photo Contest
201 E. 56th Ave.
Anchorage, AK 99518
Please call 907-550-1719 if you have any questions.
All entrants agree that the photographs submitted are wholly owned by themselves. Furthermore, entrants agree that if their photo is selected, they will not sell the photo or reproductions of the photo during the period that it is displayed on the Rural Alaska Directory cover.
TelAlaska employees are not eligible to enter the photo contest.
PHOTOS WILL NOT BE RETURNED UNLESS REQUESTED AND ACCOMPANIED BY A SELF-ADDRESSED, STAMPED ENVELOPE.
Photos submitted must have been taken in the Directory’s service areas listed below:
Interior Telephone Company, Inc.
Cold Bay, Cooper Landing, Fort Yukon, Galena, Iliamna, King Cove, Port Lions, Sand Point, Unalaska/Dutch Harbor, Seward or Moose Pass
Mukluk Telephone Company, Inc.
Brevig Mission, Council, Elim, Golovin, Koyuk, Little Diomede, St. Michael, Shaktoolik, Shishmaref, Stebbins, Teller, Wales, White Mountain or Nome
- The directory is a 5 x 7 book with a vertical layout. Vertical photos work best on the cover; a horizontal photo may lose some important features when cropped to fit.
- Be mindful of the cover photo from the previous year. For example, if last year’s cover featured a photo of the Seward Boat Harbor, it is unlikely a similar photo will be selected the next year.
- The directory is a high quality printed publication, so a low-resolution photo stretched over a 5×7 book will lessen the quality of the photograph. If you’re taking photos with the intention of entering it in the cover contest, make sure you’ve set your camera to take high-resolution shots.